Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I Love Wednesdays!

It was another great day at the comics store! The final issue of The Blackest Night was released and it was surpassed and exceeded this Aqua-Fan's expectations! There was so much going on, I hardly know where to begin...
Ok, the story! Geoff Johns wrote a story that at times, had me gasping for breath, and at other times had me screaming in agony! And the art! I can't believe the double-page spreads that Ivan Reis drew! Each one was a masterpiece in visual storytelling! And Ivan started and finished all eight issues, unlike the last few recent DC events! (Infinite Crisis, Final Crisis, I'm looking at you!) Even the inkers, colorists, and letterers gave this book more than most expected! And even though I knew this ending would be a set up for The Brightest Day, to do it with so many twists and turns along the way proves that Geoff Johns truly deserves his recent promotion at DC Entertainment!! It's a just one hell of a serving of awesome, covered in awesome sauce, with awesome for dessert!! It's really that good!And then there was this DC Dynamics Aquaman statue! It's almost a foot tall and absolutely gorgeous! The other statues in the line feature the classic versions of the characters, and this Aquaman is no exception. Black shorts, green, tights, yellow belt... but this one has the new belt insignia!
Oh boy, do I need space for displays...

No comments: