Thursday, January 10, 2008

Aquaman / Star Trek News!

First, courtesy of The Aquaman Shrine:


Gallopping guppies! A new Aquaman book for 2008? Whooooo-Hooooo!!

and then in an interview with comic book writer Geoff Johns at CBR, the subject of books he would like to work on came up and...

“I would love to do Aquaman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, all those guys together. A real classic JLA lineup book would be sweet. I love Aquaman. I really, really love Aquaman. I’d love to work on Aquaman. I’ll just leave it at that.”

and then in Part 2...

“There are still tons of characters to write… Aquaman is a big one. I have very specific ideas for him. Very specific. Justice League of America, Batman, and more Flash. And Firestorm.”

And just how awesome would a Geoff Johns Aquaman comic be??? I think I peed a little at the thought... After all, this is the guy who wrote Green Lantern Rebirth, The Sinestro Corps War, and the Justice Society! Aquaman would finally be getting the respect he deserves, I'm sure. Sort of like when DC re-launched the JLA under Grant Morrison. He also did some very cool things with Aquaman. He wasn't a fish out of water in those stories!

And then I ran across this item...

I hope they show the completed Enterprise in the trailer... I'll be very disappointed if they don't.

2008 might be a good year for both Star Trek and Aquaman! Is there some sort of stellar convergence going on?

No comments: