Monday, July 07, 2008

Wizard World Chicago Aquaman News!

In an interview with Newsarama, Ethan Van Sciver had this to say:

We talked about the rumor mill and how most fans think his upcoming "secret project" with Geoff Johns is either Aquaman or The Flash.

"Aquaman's leading the pack?" Van Sciver said in obviously feigned surprise. "Wouldn't it be nice if it was Aquaman though? You know who wants Aquaman? Shane Davis. And I like Shane Davis, so I said, you know, Shane, I will never mention Aquaman again. If you want Aquaman, I will not stand in your way. And he drew Aquaman for Superman/Batman and it was awesome. And he deserves it."

We pointed out that he had just said in the DC panel that Aquaman was showing up in Blackest Night, although it was obvious that Geoff Johns, who was sitting next to him on the panel, had whispered and told him to say it.

"I turned to Geoff and said, 'Geoff, what do we say about Aquaman?' And he said, 'Tell 'em to wait for Blackest Night.' I went, 'OK. Wait for Blackest Night.' That doesn't mean I know. I don't know everything. In fact, I know barely anything about what Geoff is planning for Blackest Night. So you'll have to refer that question to Mr. Johns," Van Sciver said.


I would be very happy with Shane Davis as an Aquaman artist...

No comments: