Monday, August 18, 2008

Karma

Yesterday I was on the highway returning from a family function. This highway is 2 lanes, and the posted speed limit is 100 km/hour. Shortly after leaving the town of Onoway, two young kids probably between the ages of 16 and 18 were behind us in a very old truck. Apparently we weren't going fast enough for them as they rode my bumper for a while. A little later, when a car ahead of me slowed down to make a turn, the two losers behind me almost didn't stop. After the near-collision, they sped by me and I said to myself "Hope to see you wrapped around a pole, losers!"

Jump forward five minutes.

There seems to be a vehicle on the side of the road... and as I get closer I see it's the two kids who passed me earlier, desperate for a ride. Apparently their truck broke down and they must not have had a cell phone.

As I drove by I chuckled and loudly exclaimed, "Karma's a bitch, boys!"

No comments: