Thursday, August 07, 2008

Now We Know...

Final Crisis 3 dropped yesterday and it featured the long-awaited (by me, at any rate) appearance of 'the mysterious new Aquaman'.

It was someone who looked a lot like Arthur Curry/Orin riding a seahorse. The costume was original orange and green. He didn't have long hair like Arthur Joseph (Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis) Curry and there was no water hand as well. So where does he come from? Will he be around after Final Crisis?

Only time will tell.

**Update**
Grant Morrison wrote Final Crisis over two years ago, and at that time Arthur Joseph Curry would have been the 'mysterious new Aquaman'. Apparently Morrison intended it to be Arthur Joseph. This doesn't explain why he doesn't look like Arthur Joesph, but I blame that on J.G. Jones and the editor who should have caught the error.

2 comments:

Tegan said...

My husband suggested he is J'onn in disguise. I'm not convinced, but it's as good a theory as any.

Sensor Sweep said...

I'm really beginning to think that DC is making it up as they go...

And speaking of J'onn, I highly recommend Final Crisis: Requiem as a nice tribute to the character.