Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Star Trek Movie Pictures!

I know it's two and a half months away, but it sure feels like Christmas! Paramount finally released pictures from the new movie and they didn't disappoint! Click the pictures to see bigger versions.

First up, here's the crew! From left to right we have Chekov, Kirk, Scotty, Dr. McCoy, Sulu, and Uhura:
I must say, they all look pretty good! The uniform shirts are two pieces, the black part underneath, while the division color goes on top. I really like the texturing of the division color shirts... Rank is still found on the cuffs of the sleeves, and the black shirt is the captain's uniform. Probably an alternate similar to the green tunic Kirk wore in the original series... I'm not sure if we'll see Kirk in his gold shirt, but I'm hoping we will.

Next, a picture of Kirk and Spock grappling:
This picture shows another classic Trek feature, Star Trek sideburns!! The Next Generation and following series were a bit inconsistent when it came to the sideburns, but I'm glad they're back!

Next up, the new bridge:
What a great shot! It appears similar to the classic Bridge, in that Navigation and Helm control stations are in front of the Captain, but different in that whoever mans the Communication station has to stand. I also like the silvery-white color scheme... Also, it's hard to tell from this picture if the uniform pants will have the familiar flare at the bottom. Here's hoping...

A shot of Nero, the Romulan villain:
Of course, he doesn't look like any Romulan we've seen before, but that was to be expected, I think.

A special effects shot of another ship, the U.S.S. Kelvin.It looks like it's in the heat of battle, and those raised objects might be the ship's phaser banks, but I'm not sure.

And finally, Kirk making his way from an escape pod on an icy planet.I don't have much to say about this one, other than the pod is from the Enterprise (note the registry).

Only 204 days until the premiere! Can you tell I'm excited?

No comments: